Green and Sustainable Cites
We promote urban healthy surroundings for environmental life quality of their inhabitants and the reduction of negative impact to the global environment.
Forest and green spaces inside and around cities provide environmental services and host important biological diversity. With the objective to manage and preserve these spaces, FUNDAECO promotes the creation of the Metropolitan Ecologic Corridor, a green area system and regional natural areas that under different scheme of protection and management, guarantee a sustainable production of environmental services, increase life quality of their local inhabitants and construct an identity main characteristic and urban landscape of our city.
FUNDAECO currently manages two parks: the Ecological and Sport Park Cayalá with the support of the Independent Sport Confederation of Guatemala (CDAG by its initials in Spanish) and Kanajuyú Municipal Park, with the support of the Municipality of Guatemala.
Field Intervention Models of the Program “Green and Sustainable Cities”
- Metropolitan Ecological Park Cayalá
- Metropolitan Ecological Corridor of the Capital City
- Pilot program of management and sanitation of Metropolitan Basins
- Urban Environmental Landscape Workshop
- Vulnerability reduction of urban settlements
- Urban Agriculture
- Bicycle Lane design and promotion
- Forestry and Urban Agriculture
- Land Use Plans (POT’s, by its initials in Spanish)
- Transferable rights of development and building potential
- Sustainable Transportation Plans
- Water Monitoring
- Water Sustainable Management in cities
- Strengthening of Municipal environmental management
Click on the images to know more about sites and eco touristic attractions